At Tanner Electric, we’re deeply committed to the communities we serve. Our members can rest assured that we have a vested interest in our community because not only do we work here, we live here. Our employees are your friends, neighbors and family.
We are active in the community, supporting groups and events of all kinds. We also have a vested interest in our children, because it is they who will determine the future of our nation. This is why we provide learning opportunities and scholarships to our young people, encouraging them however we can.
Electric cooperatives were begun by the people, for the people, and we owe our very existence to this spirit of community.
As a locally-owned, non-profit cooperative (directed by elected representatives from our community), we have your interests in mind. The following list shows some of the ways we’ve chosen to get involved. We encourage all of our neighbors to support our community too.
Here are a few of the great causes that Tanner Electric Cooperative has supported:
- Upper Snoqualmie Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Rotary Club of Snoqualmie Valley
- Little League Sponsor for North Bend & Fall City
- Parade participants in the Festival at Mt Si
- NRECA Youth Tour Sponsor
- High School Scholarships – The Tanner Board has elected to grant yearly one $1000.00 scholarship to a graduating senior in each of the three service areas. Scholarship applications must be received in our North Bend office by the date on the application. To be eligible, applicants must be a graduating senior and a full time dependent of a Tanner Electric Cooperative member.
Tanner also supports community activities such as: Anderson Island Fire Department Pancake Breakfast, Anderson Island Booster Club Chili Cook-Off, and the Anderson Island Christmas Light Festival.